Try a combination of dips for lunch with veg sticks and pitta bread. Or a tablespoon with veg sticks as a nutritious snack.
• 1 medium red onion-finely chopped
• 1-2 cloves garlic-finely chopped
• 1 medium pepper finely copped
• 1 chili finely chopped
• 6 large tomatoes roughly chopped
• 1 courgette finely chopped
• Large handful of basil or coriander-chopped
• Juice of 1medium lemon
• 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
• Black pepper
• ¼ tsp of salt
• 30mls olive oil
• In a fridge proof container add the onions, garlic, salt, oil, lemon juice and vinegar.
• Stir well and allow to marinate for at least 60 minutes.
• Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
• This can be eaten straight away but is best served after a few hours.
• Store in the fridge and eat within 4-5 days.
• You will notice a lot of liquid the longer the salsa is kept. This is normal and can be added to salads as a dressing.
Guacamole 2 portion
• 1 large avocado
• 1 large tomato-chopped and seeds discarded.
• 1 bunch of coriander chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 small chopped chili (optional)
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• Juice of one lime
Simply combine all ingredients together.
Cover and store in the fridge consume within 4 days-discoloration is normal!
Bean dip 2 portions
Simply blitz or mash your chosen beans with 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt, 20mls of olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, seasoning and your chosen spices such as cayenne pepper, and serve. Cover and store in the fridge for 4-5days.